Made with Jenan
Eggs, Flour, Spaghetti
Preparation time: Less than 30 mins
Cooking time: 10-30 mins
What do i need?
- 1 Jenan Egg
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g long-grain rice (uncooked weight), cooked and left to go cold
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted (rinse under warm water to do this quickly)
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g beansprouts (optional)
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce
- Ground white pepper
How do i prepare it?
- Beat together the egg and sesame oil and put to one side
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan
- When it's shimmering and almost smoking, add the rice and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until completely heated through
- Add the peas, spring onions and beansprouts, if using
- Stir-fry, turning the rice constantly around the pan, for about 3 minutes
- Season well with soy sauce and pepper, then push to one side of the pan
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into the other side and leave for about 10 seconds so it begins to set
- Using a chopstick, briskly swirl around the egg to break it up and then toss around with the rice
- Stir-fry for a further minute and serve straight away.